Monday, September 04, 2006

Where have I been?
I finished my week-long intensive course on the Friday afternoon (August 25th) and my student went home to Prague. I stayed at the hotel an extra night to recharge my batteries after a week of intensive conversation, and spent Saturday morning taking a short walk through the forest near the hotel and visiting an historic church above the town. The walks were pleasant but it isn't possible to cover much ground in a morning. The ideal tool for exploring countryside is a bicycle, so I should try to have a bike with me on future trips.

Owing to some confusion over the rail timetable I had a two hour wait at the railway station. Since I had two large bags and there was a severe rainstorm I decided to sit tight and read rather than go back into town to explore further. On Sunday I contacted my landlord and he told me that my flat would be ready for me to move in on Tuesday evening.

No comments: