Monday, September 04, 2006

A Golden Wedding
Sue's parents celebrated their Golden Wedding on Saturday, the actual anniversary was in August, but they scheduled the party after the holiday season. I flew from Prague to Newcastle on Friday afternoon, and Sue picked me up at the airport.

On Saturday afternoon we decorated the hall while the caterers set up the kitchen and the buffet. The party went well, Brian and Betty's relatives and friends from way back came along, and everyone enjoyed themselves. Sue had baked and decorated a cake for the occasion, and our nieces handed out drinks and canapes as people arrived.

There is only one flight a day from Newcastle to Prague and on Sunday it left at 9 am. I didn't get a lot of sleep after the party so I was feeling very droopy by the time I got back to Prague.

No comments: