Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Payday!
The second Friday of the month is payday at the school. In some months there is also a teachers' meeting on this day, but since the new teachers had their induction and training this week there was nothing left to discuss in a meeting. The owners did host drinks in a local bar from 5pm, though. The bar chosen had a lovely terrace at the back which looks into a great bowl of a valley. This part of town is called Vinohrady and at one time was famous for its vineyards. Looking into the valley I could just imagine rows of vines clinging to the sides.

Since many of the new teachers are still progressing through the local bureaucracy, they do not yet have bank accounts. As a result the school paid cash to those teachers without an account. I haven't been paid in cash for work since I was 18! It was slightly unsettling going to the pub with all my money for the next month about my person. I did the sensible thing and had a few drinks before going home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sensible! I don't think I would be comfortable carrying around my money arund like that, either!
Hope you enjoyed yourself.
Helen x

Anonymous said...

*around (I spelt it wrong by typing too quickly in my last comment).