Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The weekend

Sue came out for the weekend. For some reason flights on Friday afternoon and Monday morning were more expensive than usual, so she decided to fly out on Saturday morning and return on Monday evening. The flight was slightly delayed so it was almost 1pm by the time we reached the centre of town on Saturday. We decided to have lunch out, and went to the terrace bar I had visited the night before. The weather was excellent and it was nice to have lunch while enjoying a lovely view.

In the afternoon we left Sue's bags at the flat and walked through the local area (for about 5km) looking for interesting buildings before having a quiet meal.

On Sunday we took the tram to the old exhibition ground of Výstavište and walked through Stromovka Park to the river. From there we crossed two bridges to arrive on the north side of the river near Troja chateau. We explored the gardens and had lunch before we discovered that the Pragus Botanical Gardens are just up the hill from here. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the gardens before returning to Výstavište for the tram home.

I didn't have a lesson on Monday morning, so I was able to spend time with Sue until after lunch. After my class I just had time to dash to Vitkov hill wioth my camera to take some pictures of the sunset. I have now set up an account at Flickr, so my nicest pictures from the last week are now available here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

Beautiful pictures. Glad to see your settling in nicely.

Stace

Mike Smith said...

Hi Stacey, good to hear from you.
Thanks for the comments. It's always reassuring to know that someone is reading the blog. :)

Mike

Anonymous said...

Nice shots Mike. I especially liked the sunflowers and Troja Chateau. I gotta get me one of them Chateaus some day. :-P