Monday, September 04, 2006

Moving Day
My move from the shared flat into my own flat on Tuesday evening went smoothly. Everything I had fitted into a few bags and the whole process of packing, moving and unpacking was over very quickly. My landlord went with me to the Czech Telecom office to sort out the paperwork involved in getting a telephone line, and I should be set up with a line and broadband Internet within the next couple of weeks.

I'm really looking forward to getting broadband, I feel as though I have lost a limb, or one of my senses, over the last few weeks. I have been able to get access to computers to check e-mail or update this blog from time to time, but it isn't the same as having full Internet access from my own computer at home.

I had no classes on Thursday, so I went to Tesco to buy a few household essentials, and now I feel quite at home. I took the Metro to the far western edge of the city where there are two big shopping centres, one of which has an IKEA. I was sidetracked by a big electronics shop (like Curry's and PC World combined in one) so I decided to leave IKEA for another day.

In the evening I went out for a drink with some fellow teachers and added to my knowledge of which local bars and restaurants are good value. By the time I get some visitors I should have a good choice of places to take them.

No comments: