Sunday, April 27, 2008

Doesn't Time Fly?

I've just realised that I haven't updated this blog since mid-March. My only excuse is that I have been too busy having a life to write about it. This would lead you to ask what I have been doing.

At the Easter weekend we went away for a cycling trip to Herefordshire, staying in Eardisland which is one of the Black and White Villages. The weather could have been better, we had strong winds, rain and hail on most days, but we had a good time and managed to have some decent rides on three days with a half-day walk and a trip to Hay-on-Wye on the Sunday. I managed not to buy any books while visiting Hay, which is a remarkable achievement for a bookworm like me.

The following weekend we were visiting relatives in North Wales, and I attended the retirement party for Dr Clive Williams who was head of the Chemical Pathology department at the hospital where I worked in my first job. It was a very interesting evening, meeting many people who I used to work with until I left in 1986. A surprising number of people are still there from my day.

We went to Dubrovnik for a week's holiday and returned home last Sunday. It was a lovely time, although after a promising start the weather turned cold and wet for most of the week. I will put up some pictures on Flickr when I have gone through them.

I have had a minor reorganisation of this blog page. I have kept the minimalist layout, but I have separated out other peoples blogs from other links and have set up a separate humour section.

In the blogs I have added a link to Brian Herman's blog. Brian only set this up a few weeks ago but he has been busy posting.

No comments: