Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First day at school
As mentioned in the previous post, Sue and I went to the airport on Monday for her to check in at 6:30. I made my way back to the flat for a second breakfast before going into the school. I arrived just before 10 and spent the morning learning about the school's procedures for lesson scheduling and time tracking as well as finding out about the students from the school's records and other teachers. My fellow teachers are very helpful and can offer advice on life in Prague and the Czech Republic as well as helping with tips on teaching and lesson planning.

I spent Monday afternoon planning for my first lesson, and yesterday morning I met my first students. This was a small group, most of my lessons will be to small groups or individuals, and I think things went well. My teaching load is quite light at the moment, which gives me plenty of time for planning, but I'm sure it will be harder to manage my time once I have a full teaching load.

No comments: