Friday, June 02, 2006

I've been away
We spent a week in the north of England. We took our walking gear and spent time on the Northumberland Coast, at Hadrian's Wall, and in the North Pennines.

On the days we weren't walking we did some gentle sightseeing, visiting places we've often intended to see, but haven't quite managed. At Escomb the ladies of the church were preparing tea and coffee for a party of visiting US students that they were expecting. They very kindly offered us a cup while they were waiting.

While we were away, Sue's car developed a problem, too. The engine warning light came on, and so we had to get it checked by a dealer. It wasn't severe enough to need immediate repairs, but we spent most of the week driving it gently. It got us home in the end, though.

I have spent most of this week planning my lessons for the next two weeks as I start teaching on Monday morning.

I have been discussing start dates and accommodation with the people in Prague. I may be going out there in August rather than September.

No comments: