Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spring In The Air

It really feels like Spring today. As I left for the tram at 7:00 this morning the sun was just about rising, and as I crossed the river the castle was lit with a wonderful atmospheric light.

My early lesson went really well, the students took part very enthusiastically in a role-play of a business meeting. After the lesson I had a few hours of free time (one of the benefits of the early starts and late finishes) so I decided to make the most of it.

I took the tram to the castle area and walked over Letna plain to the metronome which stands on the site of the former Stalin monument. From there I crossed the river into Josefov, the old Jewish quarter, and walked through the old town. After passing the square I popped into the Grand Cafe Orient for elevenses before getting the tram home to work on my preparation for my next lesson.

It's a wonderful day here and life feels really good.

No comments: