Friday, July 28, 2006

Prague
My trip to Prague last week went well. I met several people from the school I will be working for, and managed to organise my accommodation for the coming year. A kindly American called Johnson was my host for the trip, and I will be living in the same apartment building as him.
The apartment is in an area called Žižkov, which is a few kilometres from the centre. This area has lots of cafes and bars frequented both by locals and expats. I'm sure I will settle there happily.

I had more time than I expected for tourism while I was in Prague. One of the letting agencies failed to arrange appointments for me to view apartments, so I used the time to familiarise myself once more with the city. Prague has changed immensely since my first visit fifteen years ago, most of the buildings have been renovated where many were dilapidated before. There are many more restaurants, and they are much more welcoming. Most of the international chain stores are represented there now, too.

No comments: