Friday, July 14, 2006

Flat hunting in Prague
I have now agreed a start date for my work in Prague. I will fly out on August 5th to start on the 7th. I'm sure the time will rush by between now and then.

I need to find somewhere to live. I have been checking out property ads on the Internet and the language school has an arrangement with some local landlords, but there is no substitute for checking out a place in person. I will take a short trip out there next week to view a few places and choose one.

The trip will also give me an opportunity to visit the school and meet at least some of the people. Many of the teachers won't be there until the beginning of September. I won't have a full teaching load in August, so I will have a chance to settle in and get up to speed without being overwhelmed.

No comments: