Friday, June 29, 2007

A Week Of Goodbyes

This week I have been saying goodbye to all of my students. They have been really kind, most of them have given me presents or taken me out for a drink to say goodbye. All of them have said that they wished I could stay. It gives me a feeling that I have helped them and that they appreciate it. I will miss them.

I will also miss my colleagues from the school, both the teachers and the admin staff. We have had a really great social life here, partly because no-one is responsible for decorating their houses or maintaining their gardens and no-one has any children. The community of teachers has been a bit like a group of students in college. Getting back to Real Life in the UK will be strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will miss your Czech musings!

Hook doesn't have the same excitement somehow :-)

Any plans for when you return to the UK?

Cheers
Arno

Mike Smith said...

Just got back last night. Will update my blog with news of the holiday we took in the Czech Republic before we came home.